Oglethorpe Row

Originally constructed in the 1920’s as a row of automobile shops, and later home to the Derst family Sunbeam Bakery, these historic buildings were purchased and adaptively renovated as urban residences above storefronts.  Oglethorpe Row was thereby transformed from an abandoned, contaminated and blighted warehouse into one of Savannah’s most fashionable addresses. The restored sidewalk and tree lawn was widely praised as an example of new urbanism at its best.  Gunn Meyerhoff Shay designed all of the spaces, and Patrick Shay was also co-developer.

1/5

©2018 Gunn Meyerhoff Shay Architects, PC 

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon